October 20, 2008

An Open Letter to All White People

Dear White People,

Why, yes I am half black, or halfrican as I like to say. I also have hair far different than yours. It is not a brillo pad, do not compare it to one or I will harm your perfect teeth.

I also do not appreciate you telling me that I should fro my hair. Just because I was born with unfortunately stiff, dry hair does not mean I am going to spend hours combing my hair out and filling it with products just so you can laugh at how dumb I look. That is not my idea of fun. It wasn't funny when dozens of other said it and it definitely wasn't funny when you continued to tell me to. Fros may have been cool in the 70s but now people just point and laugh. I just wanted to let you all know that black people don't appreciate your humor at our hair's expense.

Thanks.

ps: Nobody looks good with an afro. Don't fool yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like the way you think.