May 6, 2013

Wink Wink!

When walking down a long hallway, sidewalk, stairwell, etc., it's always hard for me to figure out when the right moment comes to make eye contact.

Now?

NOW?

Nope.. this is not happening. Not at all... Keep walking, eyes averted.

I'm so used to averting my eyes, or suddenly getting a text [ha], or needing water, or whatever, that I was thrown off-guard by an ex-coworker who would not only make eye contact, but also wink.

It was semi creepy.

I should mention, the ex-coworker is a woman. Every time I see her she still has a giant smile and gives me a big ol' wink. I feel like she should've been a basketball or volleyball coach.

People who wink are strange. Women who wink are just sort of creepy. I always feel like we've got some dead body hidden somewhere, or some other dark secret, and she's winking at me conspiratorially.

Blogging the depths of the abyss, 
[a]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like the way you think.